At Newham College, we recognize that it is normal to experience times in our lives when things can become more difficult, or that difficulties may actually increase with the time and commitment required to attend and succeed at college.
In order to support our learners, Newham College offers access to a free and confidential counselling service.
‘Counselling recognises and encourages the exploration of the unrealised potential within each of us.’
What is Counselling?
Counselling is a non-judgemental, and confidential therapeutic relationship in an environment that is separate from a person’s daily life;
- With a counsellor who relates with integrity and respect
- Who helps you to explore difficult feelings, thoughts and discover new perspectives
- To increase your awareness of how you relate to other people and situations
- And increase self-responsibility and greater understanding of how you can empower yourself to move forward.
Counselling has helped many of our learners to deal with a variety of emotional or personal distress such as:
- Significant life changes
- Lack of confidence, feeling not ‘good enough’ or ‘unacceptable’
- Difficulties in dealing or recovering from stressful situations
- Anxiety and/or an inability to cope
- Feelings of depression, sadness, grief or isolation
- Personal circumstances that are making it hard to focus
- Identity issues
- Feelings of being lost or purposeless
- Experience from the past that are troubling or have not been worked through
- Difficulty making or sustaining relationships
- Personal development by increasing your awareness, expanding your understanding and increasing your choices.
Counselling can offer the opportunity to explore such difficulties, and to help make them easier to understand.
Counselling can provide a safe environment for learners to voice their feelings.
Counselling can provide a place to let go, and allows our learners a space in the college to take their personal difficulties, to enable them to be better able to focus on their learning while in the classroom environment.
Service Contact Details:
Phone: 0208 257 4573 Email: email@example.com