Newham Prospectus

Request a prospectus


Login to access your toolbar or, if you haven't used this before, Sign Up now!

For course advice call now onCall now on 020 8257 4446

When I leave college I want to be...

24 plus Advanced Learning Loans

24Plus Advanced Learning Loans

There is no funding for students aged over 24, who are completing courses at level 3 or level 4. Course fees can be paid directly to the college, either in full or by instalments. If you are aged 24 or over and you choose to study at level 3 or 4 you may be eligible for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan, to cover the cost of any fees associated with your chosen course.

Applying is easy, your household income is not taken into account, there is no credit check and you will not have to make any repayments until your income increases to £21,000 or more per year. Also, if you study an Access course before completing a Higher Education qualification with money from another student loan, the outstanding balance of your 24+ Advanced Learning Loan will be completely cleared. This means you can effectively complete your studies at Level 3 without paying any fees at all.

If you successfully apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan, you may also be eligible for financial support to help you meet the other study costs, such as course materials, books etc.


Do I Qualify?

To qualify you must be:

  • Aged 24 or over on the first day of your course (there is no upper age-limit).
  • Be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there are no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK).
  • Living in the UK on the first day of your course and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before this.
  • Studying with a college or training organisation in England that is approved for public funding.
  • Enrolling on an eligible course at level 3 or above which includes: A levels and equivalent courses such as Access to Higher Education courses, other Diplomas and Certificates, Advanced Apprenticeships or Higher Apprenticeships.

Additional Details

- More information and how to apply

- Independent financial support available at The Money Service