How do I apply?
- Applying for an apprenticeship is like applying for any other job.
- You can apply for our current apprenticeship vacancies on our apprenticeships vacancies page or through the National Apprenticeship Service website.
- If there are no vacancies that you can see for now but you are interested in becoming an apprentice then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a note informing us what type of apprenticeship you are looking for.
- Alternatively you can find an employer that wants to take you on as an apprentice and then Newham College can help the employer with the process and the training.
- Either way, we’re here to help you through every stage of the process. Please feel free to contact us to chat about your options.
Is there an age limit?
- No, you can start an apprenticeship at any age after you leave full time education at 16
How much do apprentices get paid?
- If you’re under 19 your employer has to pay you at least the apprentice minimum wage which is currently £3.30 an hour. Your employer may choose to pay you more than this and may decide to increase your wages as your skills develop.
- If you’re 19 when you’ve completed the first year of your apprenticeship, your employer has to pay you at least the full National Minimum Wage appropriate to your age.
How many hours will I need to work?
- You'll get a nationally recognised qualification from Newham College. Each apprenticeship contains the following qualifications:
• Technical certificate
• Functional Skills.
How long does it take?
- There’s no set length for an apprenticeship. It depends on the type of qualifications you take and the industry you work in. Apprenticeships can take between one and four years to complete.
Can I apply for an apprenticeship if I have a degree?
- Yes. However apprentices who have a degree are not eligible for funding, so your employer would have to pay your training costs.
Will I get any holiday?
- Yes. You’ll get at least 20 days paid holiday a year plus Bank Holidays – the same as any other employee.
To discuss your needs, please call the Apprenticeship Team on 0208 522 5759 or email email@example.com