Typical College Day
We offer courses at practically every level. Classes start at various points throughout the day from 8.30am and on occasion at weekends.
We offer more flexible timetables than that of most schools, though students are expected to attend each class as we take work ethos and attendance very seriously.
There are library facilities and dedicated areas for independent study. Extra circular activities can also be pursued through our student union and sports clubs. Plus, teaching and support staff are always available to give advice and guidance.
It is easy to get confused with all the different qualifications that are available to study. So we have provided a comprehensive breakdown of all we have to offer when it comes to ‘Choosing the right course’. Please contact our Admissions Team for further information.
Call 020 8257 4446
Download The Newham College Parent's Handbook
Newham College provides a wealth of career enhancements and practical opportunities for promising students.
This includes all the benefits of studying with:
- The Samsung Digital Academy
- Avant Garde - our onsite beauty salon based in East Ham
- College owned Restaurants and kitchens, for hospitality/catering students
- Onsite garages, for our Motor Vehicle students
- The Studio – our performing arts facility that is fully equipped for: music, and film production
- Childcare provision both on and offsite at East Ham Campus and NEWTEC (Newham Training and Education Centre)
- Earn as You Learn – Students have the opportunity to get paid work within Newham College’s Sales & Marketing department. This involves gaining professional experience of events, office administration, outreach and telemarketing campaigns
- Student enrichment – social development thorough fun and engaging activities such as football, table tennis, enterprise and debating.
- On site Gyms at both campuses – where sports and fitness students gain professional training and other staff and students can work-out for free