The Work Experience Team at Newham College has been successfully placing students into work experience for nearly 20 years.
We encourage all our students to aim high and develop the skills, abilities and personal qualities necessary to succeed. Our role is to manage, organise and co-ordinate quality work experience opportunities allowing all our 16-18 learners to gain hands on practical work experience.
The objectives of the service are:
- To ensure students have access to work experience opportunities to fulfill course requirements.
- To provide guidance and support to students in securing work experience placements
- To brief and prepare students ready for work experience
- Help individuals to make an informed decision about their future career
- Identify, secure and prepare quality work experience placements.
- Put theory into practice
- Find out what full time work is really like in their chosen field of study and employer expectations.
- Develop new skills, abilities and personal qualities
- Experience the social relationships at work
- Issue and administer DBS applications to enable students to complete work experience.
What are the benefits to the student
Work experience could result in a job offer, or give you an advantage when applying for vacancies in the future – Whatever the outcome, you will have a professional reference to add to your CV.
Gain skills in a real working environment within the following sectors:
- Nurseries & Schools
- Health Care & Surgeries
- Hair & Beauty Salons
- Solicitors & Offices
- Gyms and Leisure Centres
- Council & Government Organisations
- Law Firms
- Catering Establishments
- Youth Centres
- And many many more
We encourage all students to take part in order to develop the skills, abilities and personal qualities necessary to succeed. By blending theory with practical experience, you will develop your skills and start your career with confidence.