Providing additional support for learners who have had their learning disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The College has received additional funding from the Department for Education to mitigate the disruption to learning for students aged 16-19, arising from the imposition of lockdown measures as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
College students in 2020/21 will benefit from the following additional catch-up support sessions:
- Personal online one-to-one catch-up sessions in GCSE English and maths from GET FURTHER*
- Interactive and online English and maths study programmes from CENTURY online programmes
- Small group sizes for those moving from Level 2 to Level 3 for 2020/21
- Additional in-class and out of class support for those on Level 1 and Level 2 vocational programmes for returning and new learners in college
- Additional teaching support assistants in foundation level study programmes at Entry level and Level 1 for one-to-one and small group interventions
- Additional exam practice sessions for all levels
- More time in practical skills development in workshops, kitchens, labs and salons with assessors and trainers at Levels 1, 2 and 3
Newham College is committed to ensuring that the 16 to 19 tuition fund is used to support the students most disadvantaged by the impact of the pandemic and will be delivered above and beyond the normal timetabled hours. Students will be prioritised based on the guidance released by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.