The Corporation comprises 18 members, one of whom is a member of staff (elected by the staff) and two who are student members (elected by Student Representatives). The Principal and Chief Executive is also a governor.
The external members (those other than the Principal and staff and student members) are drawn from a wide variety of community, business and professional interests.
Current board and committee memberships
Member of the Finance & Resources Committee
- Trustee of The Learning Revolution Trust
- Managing Director of MCA Consulting
- Former Senior Director of the Tribal Group
- Founder and Chair of the Tribal Foundation
- Over 10 years in the FE sector, prior to which he was a Corporate Finance partner at Deloitte LLP
- Treasurer, Youth United Foundation since 2013
- Former senior post holder in three London FE Colleges, 2010-2017
- Former Trustee, Howard of Effingham School, 2012-2016
Member of Audit & Risk Committee, Finance & Resources Committee and Student Consultative Forum
- Trustee, Learning Revolution Trust
- Chair, Newham Chamber of Commerce
- Operations Consultant of a large franchise restaurant
Member of Finance & Resources Committee
- A senior-level HR professional with over 20 years’ experience in all aspects of Human Resources and led HR functions in two organizations.
- Considerable working experience within the private and public sectors, including, FM, (BPO) outsourcing, social care, real estate, retail, local government and HR consultancy.
- Extensive experience of organisational review and cultural change, as part of M&As, TUPE.
- Leadership, coaching, and management of diverse staffing groups.
- Good working knowledge of employee relations and strong negotiating skills, working with trade union reps/staff forums (unison, UNITE and GMB).
- Implemented reward strategies based on job evaluation, market testing, and extensive experience in pay negotiations.
Member of Curriculum & Quality Committee
- An accomplished academic leader and manager with a proven record of developing, delivering and enhancing higher education programmes across diverse subject areas, through the application of strategic planning, stakeholder management and attention to detail.
- More than 20-years’ experience of leading the development, management, teaching and support for HE programs across design, media, architecture, and pedagogy; combined with business skills developed in working with awarding organisations and in professional practice.
Chair of Curriculum & Quality Committee; Member of Finance & Resources Committee
- Currently enjoying retirement
- Principal of Bexley College, June 2010 - August 2016
Governor for Safeguarding; Chair of Audit & Risk Committee
- A hugely experienced Director of DPR Consulting Services Limited, delivering improvement and training services across the public and private sector
- An author and a senior leader with a successful track record of transformation and performance improvement
- Improvement partner in a range of local authorities, having coached leaders at all levels on achieving good leadership behaviours
- A mentor to CEOs, Directors, Assistant Directors, Heads of Service and Team Managers
- A coach for some of the DFE national innovation projects and now an assessor with the NAAS Social Work Accreditation scheme
- Advisor to a local teaching partnership
Member of Finance & Resources Committee and Curriculum & Quality Committee
- Career started as an English language teacher at an FE college in China in the early 1990s
- A senior education advisor with over twenty years’ experience in digital learning
- Currently a PhD student in Technology Enhanced Learning at Lancaster University
- Spent 15 years working for education companies and institutions throughout Asia and the Middle East, developing new curricula and setting up new programmes
- Worked for EF Education First as the Vice President of Academic Affairs. Working closely with multinationals, such as Lego, KPMG and GSK, Ministries of Education, including the Maldives, the UAE and Oman, and non-profit organisations such as the International Olympic Committee and UNIDO in Iraq.
Member of Curriculum & Quality Committee
- Career started in the field of Animation and gradually moved into Learning and Development
- A learning architect with more than 12 years’ experience in Digital Learning and Learning Design
- A rich understanding of implementing blended learning solutions and digital content whilst working for varied sectors including banking, audit, finance, academia and consultancy
- Currently a lawyer and Partner at DLA Piper
- A construction specialist with over 25 years’ experience advising on major infrastructure projects in the UK and internationally, Advising on all stages of the project lifecycle – to operation & maintenance services
- In addition to adapting UK and international standard construction forms (FIDIC, NEC, IChemE and JCT)
- Sarah has developed bespoke models including construction & erection, design and build (EPC/turnkey), E&P (Engineer & Procure), EPCM (Engineer, Procurement & Construction Management) and long-term Operation and Maintenance services contracts as well as DBFO/BOOT/BOT funded models and frameworks and alliance agreements for delivering a programme of capital works/multiple projects
Chair of Finance & Resources Committee
- Chartered Accountant
- Director of Finance and Operations at Impetus - The Private Equity Foundation
Member of Student Consultative Forum, and Staff Voice Committee