Award in Education and Training Level 3
Who needs this qualification?: Teachers, trainers, assessors and/or instructors.
If you are looking for a really rewarding and interesting career, can see yourself using your qualifications, skills and knowledge to help others and enjoy helping others to learn and develop then this is the course for you. Additionally this course will appeal to you if you are already a teacher, trainer, assessor or instructor looking to improve your skills.
Our Education and Training course covers the following topics:
- Meeting students’ needs
- Assessment types and practices
- Giving effective feedback
- Motivating students
- Managing behaviour
- Using resources in the classroom
- Reflection and self-evaluation
- Roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer
- Legislation in the post-16 sector.
Assessment: Three assignments and a 30-minute ‘microteach’, which is a small scale invigilated lesson allowing learners to experiment with main teaching behaviours.
Entry criteria: Level 2 English.