DIY and Home Maintenance - Beginner
Who needs this qualification? People who are keen to get an all-round understanding of basic DIY techniques for all those little jobs around the house.
The materials you need to help with your studies, will be provided along with the use of our tool kits. You may want to purchase your own tools, we can help you choose the best ones for you, allowing you to purchase them before the start of the course or buy them during the course. Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class (if you don't need an interview).
Explore other DIY or design courses to help your home improvements. Move on to one of our skills specific courses, which can lead to employment in the construction industry.
You'll learn about:
• How recognise and use tools
• How to hang curtain poles, pictures and shelves
• How to solve problems related to fixtures and fittings
• How to strip and re-wiring plugs
• Preparing surfaces and painting
• Wallpapering and paper stripping techniques
• How to tile on wall and floor surfaces.
Entry criteria: No formal qualifications or previous knowledge required.