First Aid at Work Level 3
Who needs this qualification?: This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who work in high hazard environments such as construction, manufacturing or agriculture. It is also ideal for organisations whose needs assessment identifies a requirement for additional first aid training.
Our Level 3 First Aid at Work course covers content specified in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and provides learners with the first aid skills to be able to provide support to people who:
- are unresponsive and breathing
- are choking
- are suffering from shock
- have been burned
- have been poisoned
- have a head injury
- have hypothermia or heat exhaustion
- have a bone, muscle or joint injury.
This Level 3 course also prepares first aiders to support in the response to medical emergencies including:
- heart attack
- asthma attack
- severe allergic reaction
- diabetic emergency.
The course covers:
- dealing with an emergency
- assessing a casualty
- monitoring a casualty
- electrical incidents
- accident recording and reporting
- control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH).
Assessment: One multiple choice exam and a practical exercise.
- Photographic ID
- Level 1 literacy is recommended
- Learners must be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course.
Each learner receives a training pack including a host of resources to help them practice the skills covered.