Award in Health and Safety in the workplace Level 2
Who needs this qualification?: Anyone in a work environment.
This qualification is aimed at all employees, providing essential knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
Our Health and Safety course covers the following topics:
- Consequences of non-compliance with health and safety legislation
- Requirements for training and competence
- The ways in which health and safety information can be communicated
- Definitions of ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’
- The main hazards found in a range of workplaces
- How hazards can cause harm
- The common causes of workplace accidents and ill-health
- The process for carrying out a risk assessment
- How risk assessments can be used to reduce accidents and ill-health
- The risk control hierarchy
- Risk controls for common workplace hazards
- Arrangements for emergencies and first aid
- The importance of recording all incidents, accidents and ill-health
- Actions to be taken following an incident.
Assessment: One multiple choice exam.
Entry criteria: Level 1 literacy recommended