Salary: £25,087 – £27,631
Contract: Full time, Temporary
Closing Date: 8th February 2024
Are you passionate about supporting and developing the skills and knowledge of learners with SEND?
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join our Additional Learning Support (ALS) team. Our ALS teamwork across mainstream provision to support learners with additional needs and disabilities in and out of class. A commitment to working with young people and adults with additional support needs underpins all aspects of our work.
You will support learners in and out of class to develop their maths and English, vocational, independence, employability, and life skills. There is also a requirement to support with challenging behaviour, personal care, and mobility where appropriate.
In this extremely rewarding role, you will provide high quality and appropriately targeted support to enable learners to progress to fulfilled adult lives, further study, and employment. To help you achieve this, you will be part of a hardworking, passionate, and supportive team who are committed to providing the best for our learners to enable them to achieve their potential.
In return we offer:
- Competitive holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays and one day’s leave for your birthday
- Free access to our on-site gym at East Ham Campus
- An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate about ensure all our students receive the best overcome during their time at Newham College.
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Generous Pension Scheme: Teacher pension or Local Government Scheme
- Travel Loan. Interest free loans to assist staff with meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance – free confidential advice and counselling service
- Staff discounts – we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to a List 99 check. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.