Technical Support Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity for a person wishing to work towards being a qualified ICT Technician working on a site with a state-of-the-art ICT infrastructure. The job will be to learn to provide 1st Line hardware and software support, call logging services, general ICT administrative and other ICT facility services as a member of a team.
About this role
- To provide a professional first-line technical advisory and diagnostic support service to European Electronique customers within a Service Desk environment during the service window.
- To provide a professional and effective first-line remote network monitoring and management service to the European Electronique customer environment.
- To ensure that all reported technical issues are dealt with professionally and competently and that they are recorded on the Service Management System and are resolved within the customer's Service Level Agreement.
- To provide an effective communications interface between the school customers and the various groups within European Electronique.
- Provide first line technical support and call logging services to the school.
- To report and manage any incident that requires the services of a third-party organisation.
- To monitor/manage call queues to ensure that support calls are being escalated and resolved within agreed SLAs
- To action any asset change in compliance with the Change Control Procedure
- To complete additional ad hoc project work, as required
- To assist the Network Manager by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties as and when required.
- To keep the working area clean and tidy at all times.
- To attend and complete education courses and exams that are part of the Apprenticeship scheme
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3
- English and Maths Functional skills if required.
English and Maths A-C or equivalent or working towards.
Potential full time position on completion of training
Things to consider
Would you like to pursue a career in IT?
About the employer
Employer: European Electronique
Address: European Electronique Ltd, Forward House, Oakfield Industrial Estate, Eynsham, Oxfordshire, OX29 4TT