Job Title: Technician in Construction, Engineering and Motor Vehicle
Location: Institute of Technology, Canning Town (East London)
Salary: £25,087 – £27,631
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Closing date: 25/03/2024
London City Institute of Technology is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Technician to join our dynamic Engineering team.”
In this pivotal role, you will lead the technical support at the London City Institute of Technology, ensuring the smooth operation of our educational programs and promoting a culture of safety and innovation.
As a Technician at the London City Institute of Technology, your key responsibilities will include supervising and organising daily workloads, supporting staff, maintaining supplies, enforcing safety protocols, and ensuring efficient budget management, procurement of essential resources, and the maintenance of a cutting-edge learning environment across all workshops.
Additionally, you’ll play a key role in recognising and reporting hazards and dangers through conducting risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
The ideal candidate will have a background in technical support across Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, strong leadership skills, and a commitment to safety and excellence.
As we embark on the delivery of L3 – L7 programs a significant amount of specialist equipment has been acquired and there is a need for a proficient and experienced individual to manage and maintain these resources.
The Technician’s responsibilities encompass the crucial task of maintaining these new assets, ensuring they function optimally, and extending their lifespan. This role will play a pivotal part in safeguarding our investments, guaranteeing that students have access to state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and creating an optimal learning environment for them.
In return we offer:
- Competitive holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays and one day’s leave for your birthday
- Free access to our on-site gym at East Ham Campus
- An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate about ensure all our students receive the best overcome during their time at Newham College.
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Generous Pension Scheme: Teacher pension or Local Government Scheme
- Travel Loan. Interest free loans to assist staff with meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance – free confidential advice and counselling service
- Staff discounts – we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to a List 99 check. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.