Curriculum Manager in Adult Skills
Salary: £45,813 – £47,191
Location: East Ham Campus
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 26/02/2024
Reporting to the Assistant Director the post holder leads a team within a curriculum area/subject area. To teach and assess on a range of courses within the subject area and act as a course tutor to groups of students. To uphold rigorous quality assurance and improvement as the lead internal verifier within the programme area across levels in your subject specialism.
To carry out all associated duties in line with the School such as, Quality Improvement Key Performance Indicators and College strategic priorities and the College Teaching, Learning and Assessment standards.
To uphold and maintain positive student behaviours and attitudes by contributing to the college duty manager rota on a regular basis along with upholding the highest standards in tutoring and pastoral care.
In return we offer:
- Competitive holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays and one day’s leave for your birthday
- Free access to our on-site gym at East Ham Campus
- An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate about ensure all our students receive the best overcome during their time at Newham College.
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Generous Pension Scheme: Teacher pension or Local Government Scheme
- Travel Loan. Interest free loans to assist staff with meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance – free confidential advice and counselling service
- Staff discounts – we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to a List 99 check. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.