Pastoral Support Officer
Ref No: ATR337
Job title: Pastoral Support Officer
Hours: 36 hours per week (Term Time Only)
Salary: £28,284 – 29,889 Pro rata
Location: East Ham Campus, Stratford Campus, IOT Campus (Canning Town)
To assist the Enrichment Manager and Learner Voice and Enrichment Officer with the provision of student focused high-quality enrichment, sport and physical activity programme that engages students in an extra and co-curricular programme which support and enhance the student’s college experience.
The Pastoral Support Officer will supervise the use of the Student Lounge ensuring students are behaving appropriately and in line with college values. They will ensure students using the Student Lounge are attending lessons in line with their timetable and report any issues or concerns.
They will also help promote learner voice activities and support with events, forums, and surveys to ensure all students are given the opportunity to share their views and experiences to help improve the student experience.
· Appropriately qualified and have relevant skills and experience in working with young people.
· Passionate about safeguarding and supporting the well being of young people.
· Confident communicator, able to prioritises workload and remain calm in sometimes difficult situations.
· Adaptable and able to work on their own initiative.
· Committed to working in partnership with colleagues, other professionals, and families.
In return we offer:
· Competitive holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays and one day’s leave for your birthday
· Free access to our on-site gym at East Ham Campus
· An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate about ensure all our students receive the best overcome during their time at Newham College.
· Excellent CPD opportunities for all staff.
· Generous Pension Scheme: Teacher pension or Local Government Scheme
· Travel Loan. Interest free loans to assist staff with meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
· Cycle to work scheme.
· Employee assistance – free confidential advice and counselling service
· Staff discounts – we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
Closing Date: 30th November 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed.
Safeguarding of Children and vulnerable adults
Newham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our learners and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. As this role involves regulated activity, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and additional pre-employment checks in line with Keeping children safe in education – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) statutory guidance
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
Equality of Opportunity
The College has a strong commitment to working toward the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
We encourage and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.