Job title: Catering Assistant
Hours: 36 hours per week
Location: Canning Town – IOT campus
We currently have a new opening for a Catering Assistant to join Newham College, helping to coordinate day-to-day activities at the Canning Town – IOT Campus within the kitchen and ensuring quality services are provided to students and staff.
- To assist in the maintenance of the kitchen and the Catering department facilities and ensure serviceability and security of tools and equipment and ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- To present a professional image to all customers and presentation and serving of food to an agreed standard.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of Health and Safety procedures in catering environment and experience of customer services, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate or equivalent
- Experience in Customer Service
- IT Skills, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Allergen training
In return we offer:
- Free access to our on-site gym at East Ham Campus
- An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate about ensure all our students receive the best overcome during their time at Newham College.
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Generous Pension Scheme: Teacher pension or Local Government Scheme
- Travel Loan. Interest free loans to assist staff with meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance – free confidential advice and counselling service
- Staff discounts – we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
Closing Date: 3rd December 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed.
Safeguarding of Children and vulnerable adults
Newham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our learners and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. As this role involves regulated activity, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and additional pre-employment checks in line with Keeping children safe in education – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) statutory guidance.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
Equality of Opportunity
The College has a strong commitment to working toward the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
We encourage and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.