Salary: £39,782 – £43,011
Location: East Ham
Closing date: 18/01/2024
Newham College London is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join as Catering Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the catering operations at Newham College, ensuring the delivery of exceptional services to our students, Fellows, staff and guests.
As the Catering Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing day-to-day catering operations, managing a dedicated team and delivering high-quality services across the College. From breakfast to dinner and special functions, you will be responsible for maintaining fresh and modern food quality, ensuring efficient resource utilization, and providing outstanding customer service.
- Oversee all aspects of catering operations, maintaining the highest standards of food quality and presentation.
- Lead a team by example, fostering a culture of consistent, welcoming, and high-quality customer service.
- Collaborate with the Conference and Events Manager in shaping the College’s catering and conference vision and strategy.
- Manage financial aspects, including budgeting, invoicing, and procurement, with a focus on cost control.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, maintain 5-star-level food hygiene standards, and conduct risk assessments.
We are looking for an individual with a professional qualification in Hospitality Management, Culinary Management, or Food Science and Technology, coupled with advanced Food Hygiene Certification. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and financial management skills are essential, along with experience in staff management and a passion for delivering outstanding food and service.
- Professional qualification in Hospitality Management, Culinary Management, or Food Science and Technology.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate [Level 4].
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of Health and Safety regulations in the catering industry.
- Proficiency in food safety management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong financial management skills, including budgeting and procurement.
- Experience in staff management.
- Experience working in a similar environment or traditional College setting.
- Experience in a multi-faceted catering service.
Job related benefits:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Staff Development Opportunities
- Free use of college gym
- Contribution to professional membership
- Pension scheme
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Seasoned ticket loan
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to a List 99 check. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.