Job Coach – Term Time Only Reference – ATR398
Salary: £26,652 – £28,312 (pro rata) £30,777 – £32,694 FTE per annum
Location: Multiple Campuses
Closing date: 03/03/24
Are you passionate about supporting and developing the skills and knowledge of
learners with SEND?
We are looking for a full-time, term time only Job Coach to work on one of our
award-winning Supported Internship programmes. Our department delivers a range
of courses that support learners with SEND to develop skills including independent
living skills, communication, personal development, employability, vocational and
enterprise. A commitment to working with young people/adults with additional
support needs underpins all aspects of our work.
In this extremely rewarding role, you will support and coach learners and interns with
special educational needs and disabilities at work to facilitate their learning, success,
and progress towards sustainable, long-term employment. You will work with
learners and interns, tutors, managers, employers, families, and external agencies to
provide high quality experiences, support and coaching as necessary.
You will also be required to positively and professionally engage with employers to
develop and maintain appropriate placements and work opportunities for young
people with support needs and take responsibility for ensuring that appropriate
health and safety and safeguarding and recording and monitoring of progress are in
You may be based at one of our Supported Internship host employers’ sites or at
one of the college sites in East Ham or Stratford.
In return we offer:
- Competitive holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays and one day’s leave for your birthday
- Free access to our on-site gym at East Ham Campus
- An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate about ensure all our students receive the best overcome during their time at Newham College.
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Generous Pension Scheme: Teacher pension or Local Government Scheme
- Travel Loan. Interest free loans to assist staff with meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance – free confidential advice and counselling service
- Staff discounts – we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to a List 99 check. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.