Salary: £46,583 – £48,783 per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Location: East Ham Campus
Closing date: 05/03/24
About the role:
We are recruiting for an Examinations Officer, who will be responsible for providing administrative lead on all aspects relating to college examination, achievement procedures, including liaison with students, parents, tutors, invigilators, examining bodies and college managers. You will be reporting to the examinations manager and will be expected to act as deputy for the examinations manager when required. This includes offsite provision. The ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills and have experience working within further education.
In return we offer:
- Competitive holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays and one day’s leave for your birthday
- Free access to our on-site gym at East Ham Campus
- An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate about ensure all our students receive the best overcome during their time at Newham College.
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Generous Pension Scheme: Teacher pension or Local Government Scheme
- Travel Loan. Interest free loans to assist staff with meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance – free confidential advice and counselling service
- Staff discounts – we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to a List 99 check. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.