Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device and hold data specific to the website that the user is browsing.
You can update your preferences at any time by clicking ‘Manage cookies’ at the bottom of this page.
Types of cookies we use
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are essential cookies that enable you to navigate the website and use its features. Disabling these cookies or blocking all cookies from our website will cause sections of the website to not function properly. These cookies are set by default and cannot be turned off.
- Performance cookies: We use Google Analytics to measure how users interact with website content and monitor traffic, so we can measure and improve the performance of the site. All information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices that you make (such as determining whether you have already been presented with the privacy and cookie notice), personalising your experience of using the website.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
Specific cookies we use
We use the following cookies which may be set by either Newham College or selected third parties:
- _ga, _gid: Used by Google Analytics, this registers a unique ID to generate statistics about how you use the website, including which pages you have visited, for how long, as well as details on your location, device and other data, where available.
- datr, _fbc, _fbp, fr, sb: Used by Facebook, these store and track visits across websites, to provide ad delivery or retargeting.
- _twitter_sess, personalization_id: Twitter uses this cookie for integration of its services and sharing capabilities from the website to social media, as well as tracking and targeting.
- ncfe_cookieprefs_set, ncfe_necessary, ncfe_functionality, ncfe_performance: Set by Newham College to save your cookie consent settings.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies that are set on your device, you can do this through your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit AboutCookies.org.
We conduct an audit of all cookies being used on this site on a regular basis. Accordingly, we may update the information contained in this section from time to time.