Is the Course for me?
The VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership is a job ready qualification.
This qualification will develop your knowledge, understanding and skills for leading a team and supervising operations in the hospitality industry.
Specifically you will learn how to set objectives and provide support for team members, develop working relationships with colleagues and lead a team to improve customer service.
You will also learn how to contribute to the control of resources and maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment.
What is involved?
With an emphasis on the 'how' and 'why', you will explore some of the issues facing the industry and the decisions that the hospitality industry have to make both strategically and on a day to day basis to meet customer needs and be successful in your career.
A range of Enrichment activities are incorporated within the programme
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Monitor and solve customer service problems
- Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Supervise functions
As part of this qualification you are required to produce a portfolio of evidence. A portfolio will confirm the knowledge, understanding and skills that you have learnt.
You will also need to demonstrate competent performance of observation outcomes.
On full completion of this course you will be able to gain employment in a variety of different fields within the aviation industry.
Employment opportunities as a cabin crew, reservation agents, ground operations, customer service agent, information assistant and security agent or you can go on to a HNC or Degree.