Is the Course for me?
You have completed the Level 3 subsidiary and wish to enhance your career prospects.
Or you have been working in the travel and tourism industry for some time - you have plenty of general experience and might already supervise others or manage resources.
You want to develop more specialised skills in a particular area.
Example of routes available at this level include:
- Special Interest Holidays and Independent Holidays
- Holiday Park Hosts
- Ski Chalet hosts.
- Hosting Ski Chalets
- Holiday Representatives
- Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Retail Travel
- UK Tourism
- Developing Tour Operator Products
- Adventure Tourism Development
- Worldwide Travel and Tourism Destinations
- UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Travel and Tourism
What is involved?
You will learn through practical sessions, group discussions or assignments.
For each unit you will be assessed by a combination of externally set assignments and online multiple choice tests.
The Extended qualification in travel and tourism can help you find work as a:
- Tourist information centre assistant
- Travel agent
- Tour guide
- Holiday representative
Progress onto Higher Education