Is the Course for me?
This course is for students whose English is already applicable at Entry level 1. It is designed for those that would like to learn and develop their English skills at Entry level 2.
What is involved?
The lessons are student centered. You will learn in a variety of ways. There will be tasks, independent study, group discussions, presentations, evaluation of your work etc. Your progress will be reviewed by your tutor. You will be learning English but at the same time you will be improving your IT skills. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- start, maintain and close simple face to face conversations on topics that are familiar, or of personal interest
- paraphrase short written passages, orally in a simple fashion
- ask someone to clarify or elaborate what they have just said
- write simple texts about experiences or events
- reply in written form to advertisements and ask for more complete information about products
You will be able to progress to an Entry Level 3 ESOL Qualification, in Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing. You will need to complete a short assessment, as it is necessary to ensure that this course is suitable for you.