Is the Course for me?
This course is for students whose English is already applicable at Entry level 2. It is designed for those who would like to learn and develop their English skills at Entry level 3 skills.
What is involved?
The lessons are student centered. You will learn in a variety of ways. There will be tasks, independent study, group discussions, presentations, evaluation of your work etc. Your progress will be reviewed by your tutor. You will be learning English but at the same time you will be improving your IT skills. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters encountered at school, work, leisure, etc
- produce simple connected texts on familiar topics reasonably accurately
- describe experiences and events, plans, hopes and ambitions;
- briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
- initiate and deal with familiar everyday interactions
- link ideas into connected linear sequences.
You will be able to progress to an Level 1 ESOL Qualification in Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing. You will need to complete a short assessment before you enrol, as it is necessary to ensure this course is suitable for you.