Is the Course for me?
It is designed for those who would like to learn and develop their English skills at Entry Level 3.
What is involved?
The lessons are student centered. You will learn in a variety of ways. There will be tasks, independent study, group discussions, presentations, evaluation of your work etc. Your progress will be reviewed by your tutor. You will be learning English but at the same time you will be improving your IT skills. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand the main ideas of a complex text on concrete topics
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity
- produce a clear detailed text on a wide range of subjects
- explain a viewpoint giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options, sometimes using complex forms
- correct most of your own errors
- initiate discourse, help discussion, confirming comprehension, inviting contributions
You should be able to progress to a Level 1 ESOL Qualification, in Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing. You will need to complete a short assessment before you enrol, as it is necessary to ensure that the course is suitable for you.