Is the Course for me?
This course is for students whose English is already at Entry 3. It is designed for those who would like to learn and develop their English Language skills at Level 1.
What is involved?
The lessons are student centered. You will learn in a variety of ways. There will be tasks, independent study, group discussions, presentations, evaluation of your work etc. Your progress will be reviewed by your tutor. You will be learning English but at the same time you will be improving your IT skills. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- summarise information from different spoken or written sources; reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation;
- express yourself spontaneously, fluently and precisely, differentiating finer details, in even more complex situations
- use a good range of idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms
- maintain constant grammatical control
- interact with ease and skill, with natural referencing, turn-taking, etc
- use a full variety of organisational patterns and cohesive devices
You will be able to progress to vocational courses in subjects such as Business, Health and Social Care, Hairdressing etc. You will need to complete a short assessment in order to ensure that the course is suitable for you.