As an academy student with us you will have the opportunity to enhance your technical skills with our elite national level coaches using state of the art equipment and full-size mobile boxing ring. You will also receive and take part in the following:
- Vocational Sports L1-L3
- YMCA L1 Award in Fitness & Physical Activity
- YMCA L2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Gym Based Exercise
- Learn the foundations of the sport through our tactical workshops
- Gain valuable work experience through events lead by England Boxing
- Level 1 England Boxing Coaching Award
- England BOX Award
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- JBO Award
- England Boxing Leaders Award
Access to our sports and injury clinics and fully equipped gym with strength and conditioning programmes to ensure you stay at the top of your game.
The Newham College Boxing Academy is for students between 16 & 18 years old and combines full-time education with 5 hours a week of high-quality boxing coaching throughout the academic year, in addition to vocational qualifications, mentoring in the sport and offers students a pathway into coaching through boxing.
Our academy prides itself on offering a unique opportunity to young athletes who are passionate about boxing and are looking to progress in their boxing career through competition or a coaching pathway, whilst continuing their full-time academic education. It is also expected and encouraged that Boxers remain with their existing club and coach outside of the college.
This programme simply offers additional opportunity to compliment your external boxing activities, not remove you from an environment that may we working for you already.