Access to Higher Education: Information Technology - September 2024
On this course you will develop your knowledge and understanding of information technology such as computer programming, database, spreadsheets and web design alongside the application of numbers. In addition to this, you will develop the skills that are required for success in higher education.
The course is taught in a variety of ways, including practical sessions, assignments and group work. You will be continually assessed throughout the year.
Independent study sessions are run alongside more formal classes and, in your free time, you can use our extensive library, computer and multimedia facilities. You will also be presented with opportunities to join in a wide range of social activities.
- Introduction to Programming Implementation
- Database Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Visual Programming
- IT Applications - Applications Software
- IT Applications - Website Development
- IT Applications - System Analysis and Design
- Application of Number - Interpreting and Presenting Information
- Application of Number - Calculations
- Computer Networks
- Graphics and Animation
- Research Planning Relating to a Professional Body
- English - Oral Communication
- Computer Systems - Hardware and Software Components
- Computer Applications and Implications
- Research: Extended Research Project
Book your place and attend our next Open Event
Explore diverse programs, cutting-edge facilities, and interact with faculty, staff, and students. Whether you're a young person, adult learner, or interested in higher education, join us for an engaging and informative experience. Don't miss out – mark your calendar!Open Events at Newham College
You must be at least 19 years old at the beginning of the course and hold a minimum of level 2 qualifications in both English and Mathematics.
However, if you have already achieved a level 2 qualification in one of these subjects, you will have the option to gain a level 2 qualification in GCSE or Functional Skills English or Maths where applicable.
How much will this course cost?
The course fee is TBC.