Engineering Technologies Level 1 - September 2024
This is a one-year, full-time course for learners who would like to gain a broad introduction to the principles and practices of engineering technologies. The course aims to equip students with the necessary theoretical and practical training for them to obtain the Level 1 Diploma in Engineering Technologies.
This is a vocational qualification which is designed to offer you the opportunity to progress to a higher level of study and to prepare you for employment in the engineering sector.
The course comprises of one mandatory unit and eight specialist units including:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Working in Engineering (mandatory unit)
- Unit 2: Introduction to Machining Engineering Materials
- Unit 5: Introduction to Electronics
- Unit 6: Introduction to Electrical Installation
- Unit 7: Introduction to Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance
- Unit 13: Introduction to Basic Maths and Science used in Engineering
- Unit 15: Introduction to Computer Aided Drawing (CAD)
- Unit 16: Introduction to Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Unit 17: Introduction to Engineering Project Planning
Book your place and attend our next Open Event
Explore diverse programs, cutting-edge facilities, and interact with faculty, staff, and students. Whether you're a young person, adult learner, or interested in higher education, join us for an engaging and informative experience. Don't miss out – mark your calendar!Open Events at Newham College
A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above in Maths and English.
How much will this course cost?
The course fee is TBC.