Entry 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care - February 2025
The main focus of this course is to build your knowledge of care organisations, policies and the role of the care worker. The units covered in the course will introduce you to skills that are essential when caring for children, young people and older people.
You will also learn about the aspects of living that are associated with maintaining a healthy lifestyle. By the end of the course you will know how to maintain healthy, safe and secure environments within the Health and Social Care sector.
The work is internally and externally assessed and there are no exams.
Various assessment methods are used to ensure learning and teaching has taken place such as peer assessment, case studies, practical demonstration, role play, presentations and written assignments.
Flexibility is provided for any learner with SEN and support is available from the SEN team. The maintenance of high standards is our priority, in order to make the lessons interesting and stimulating for all learners.
Group and one to one feedback is set up on the programme to further assist you with successfully completing the course. Support feedback is at flexible times to meet your needs. This could occur during the daytime or evenings.
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care, Early Years and Childcare
- Equality and Inclusion in Health and Social Care and Children/Young People Settings
- Protection and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care and Children/Young People Settings
- Person-Centred Support in Health and Social Care and Children/Young People Settings
- Health and Safety in Health and Social Care and Children/Young People Settings
- Principles and Values in Health and Social Care and Children/Young People Settings
- Leisure Activities for Adults
- Growth and Development of Young Children
- Working in Health and Social Care and Children/Young People Settings
- Healthy Eating and Drinking for Adults
- Play Activities with Young Children
Book your place and attend our next Open Event
Explore diverse programs, cutting-edge facilities, and interact with faculty, staff, and students. Whether you're a young person, adult learner, or interested in higher education, join us for an engaging and informative experience. Don't miss out – mark your calendar!Open Events at Newham College
No formal entry requirements are needed.
An Initial Diagnostic Assessment has to be completed before you are enrolled; you need to achieve Entry 2 English to be accepted on to the Entry Level 3 course. This is to ensure you are put on the right course at the right level.
East Ham Campus
The Eastham Campus at Newham College is a dynamic educational hub known for its diverse and inclusive learning environment. Situated in the heart of East London, the campus offers a wide range of courses and programs that cater to the needs and aspirations of students from various backgrounds. With state-of-the-art facilities and a dedicated faculty, the Eastham Campus provides students with the tools and support they need to excel academically and personally, fostering a vibrant community of learners and thinkers.
How much will this course cost?
The course fee is TBC.