Health and Social Care Level 1 (Adults) - January 2024
The main focus of this course is to build your knowledge of care organisations, policies and the role of the care worker. The units covered in the course will introduce you to skills that are essential when caring for children, young people older people. You will also learn about the aspects of living that are associated with maintaining a healthy life. By the end of the course, you will know how to maintain healthy, safe and secure environments and understand further child development through the life stages.
- Understanding the range of service provision and roles within health and social care adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
- Understanding the principles and values in health and social care adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
- Introductory awareness of equality and inclusion in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Awareness of protection and safeguarding in health and social care adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
- Introductory awareness of person-centred support in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to children and young people's development
- Introductory awareness of health and safety in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Dementia Awareness
- Introductory awareness of the importance of healthy eating and drinking for adults
Book your place and attend our next Open Event
Explore diverse programs, cutting-edge facilities, and interact with faculty, staff, and students. Whether you're a young person, adult learner, or interested in higher education, join us for an engaging and informative experience. Don't miss out – mark your calendar!Open Events at Newham College
A minimum of 4 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-E) including English and maths and/or equivalent.
An Initial Diagnostic Assessment also has to be completed before you are enrolled; you need to achieve Entry 3 English to be accepted on to the Level 1 course. This is to ensure you are put on the right course at the right level.
East Ham Campus
The Eastham Campus at Newham College is a dynamic educational hub known for its diverse and inclusive learning environment. Situated in the heart of East London, the campus offers a wide range of courses and programs that cater to the needs and aspirations of students from various backgrounds. With state-of-the-art facilities and a dedicated faculty, the Eastham Campus provides students with the tools and support they need to excel academically and personally, fostering a vibrant community of learners and thinkers.
How much will this course cost?
The course fee is TBC.