Level 3 Award in Education and Training (Ascentis Qualifications) - October 2024
This course consists of the following units:
- Unit 1: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Unit 2: Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Unit 3: Understanding assessment in education and training
To achieve the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, the following must also be completed:
- Participation in at least one hour of microteaching. Within this hour learners must deliver a minimum of 15 minutes of microteaching, which will be observed and assessed by a member of the delivery team.
You will be assessed via:
- Written assignments including essays, projects and reports
- Demonstrating practical skills
- Completion of portfolio of evidence including observation of practical skills
Book your place and attend our next Open Event
Explore diverse programs, cutting-edge facilities, and interact with faculty, staff, and students. Whether you're a young person, adult learner, or interested in higher education, join us for an engaging and informative experience. Don't miss out – mark your calendar!Open Events at Newham College
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must have a minimum of L1 Functional Skills or Grade 3 in GCSE in English and Maths with a commitment to complete a L2 Functional Skills or GCSE Grade 4 in future to start a full teaching qualification.
- Hold a relevant vocational and/or academic qualification of at least Level 3 qualification in the area of specialism.
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
East Ham Campus
The Eastham Campus at Newham College is a dynamic educational hub known for its diverse and inclusive learning environment. Situated in the heart of East London, the campus offers a wide range of courses and programs that cater to the needs and aspirations of students from various backgrounds. With state-of-the-art facilities and a dedicated faculty, the Eastham Campus provides students with the tools and support they need to excel academically and personally, fostering a vibrant community of learners and thinkers.