Personal Training (YMCA) Level 3 - January 2025
This is an 18-week course for instructors wishing to work and/or seek employment in the health and fitness sector as a personal trainer on an employed or self-employed basis.
Delivery will consist of:
- Anatomy and physiology knowledge as applicable to personal training.
- Nutrition and its application to support a client’s health and physical activity programme.
- Health and wellbeing and factors that affect this.
- Effective communication during client consultations to promote and encourage healthy life behaviours and long-term change.
- Designing and planning effective Personal Training sessions for a range of clients in different environments.
- Executing effective physical activity sessions for a range of clients in different environments.
- Professional practice and legal requirements for Personal Training.
- Business acumen for working in both an employed role and for self-employment.
- Self-evaluation and professional development.
Assessment on this course is both internal and external through:
- Learner Assessment Record
- Assessment Workbook
- Multiple Choice Theory paper (external)
- Practical examination
- Portfolio of evidence
Book your place and attend our next Open Event
Explore diverse programs, cutting-edge facilities, and interact with faculty, staff, and students. Whether you're a young person, adult learner, or interested in higher education, join us for an engaging and informative experience. Don't miss out – mark your calendar!Open Events at Newham College
A suitable Level 2 (or higher) gym-based fitness instructing qualification (e.g. YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing).
East Ham Campus
The Eastham Campus at Newham College is a dynamic educational hub known for its diverse and inclusive learning environment. Situated in the heart of East London, the campus offers a wide range of courses and programs that cater to the needs and aspirations of students from various backgrounds. With state-of-the-art facilities and a dedicated faculty, the Eastham Campus provides students with the tools and support they need to excel academically and personally, fostering a vibrant community of learners and thinkers.
How much will this course cost?
The course fee is TBC.