Desktop Support Technician
Salary: £30,777 – £32,694 Per Annum
Location: All sites
Contract: Full time
The successful postholder will be the first point of contact for the College’s customers seeking technical assistance, via the helpdesk ticket, over the phone or email. They will also be responsible for providing fast and useful technical assistant to end users, answering queries on technical issues, and offering advice to solve them, where possible using remote support and communication tools for greater efficiency.
The successful postholder must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problems and explain it solution. As well as being customer oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
In return we offer:
- Competitive holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays and one day’s leave for your birthday
- Free access to our on-site gym at East Ham CampusAn incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate about ensure all our students receive the best overcome during their time at Newham College.
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Generous Pension Scheme: Teacher pension or Local Government Scheme
- Travel Loan. Interest free loans to assist staff with meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance – free confidential advice and counselling service
- Staff discounts – we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
The College has a strong commitment to working toward the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively.
We encourage and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
Newham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our learners and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. As this role involves regulated activity, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and additional pre-employment checks in line with Keeping children safe in education statutory guidance.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.