Maths and Statistics
At NHEC, we recognise that numbers can be challenging. Therefore, in order to support you with this, we provide a module specifically designed to provide you with an understanding of statistics and maths at an introductory level.
As part of this module, you will be presented with a variety of topics to help gain you more self-assurance when dealing with numbers. Furthermore, an understanding of basic statistics and maths will be of value personally because it will expand your intellectual horizons and boost your confidence when handling these areas in day-to-day life.
This support module is non-credit bearing and is not a requirement of your chosen degree.
The module covers the following areas:
- Defining basic terms used in statistics
- Collecting, representing and interpreting data
- Performing basic statistic calculations
- Constructing tables and graphs
- Computing probabilities in appropriate ways
- Completing arithmetic equations
- Recognising some common types of sampling design
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of the key principles of basic statistics
By the end of it, you will have increased your skills set and developed your understanding of data at an introductory level