Careers advice and guidance
As a student at Newham College, you can call on our careers team at any time for free impartial, confidential and expert advice to help you with planning your future.
We have a team of dedicated careers advisors to support you in your journey during your time at the college, providing support in a range of areas to help you explore your course options and identify your potential career path.
Currently the face to face careers advice service is not available at any of Newham College’s campuses. However, the careers team is providing the following support for current students and other interested individuals via email and Microsoft Teams (where available):
- Help with compiling a CV for part or full-time work
- Guide students in preparing a covering letter as part of an application to companies for work experience or voluntary work
- Preparation for job and university interviews
- Discuss personality types related to your vocational choice by going through questionnaire results from 16 Personalities (Myers-Briggs) and Careers Coach (Holland Codes)
- Discuss academic and vocational routes following the completion of relevant courses, exploring options such as Apprenticeship and Higher Education
- Support with UCAS and student finance applications
- Explore how the labour market will change and the new opportunities that will arise in the post-Covid economy
- Support students in developing their business ideas
We offer our advice and guidance service via drop-ins, booked appointments, telephone and email:
- Email: email@example.com
- Drop at either our East Ham campus (Maths/English Lab) or Stratford (iLearning Centre), Monday to Friday from 12 pm to 1 pm (this service is currently unavailable due to the pandemic)