EAYL Terms and Conditions
Students registering with EAYL will be expected to read, understand and comply with the Terms & Conditions of use before becoming an activated job seeker. You will be required to sign a copy of the Terms & Conditions during your induction and verification session.
- EAYL offers a standard hourly wage of £6 p/h depending on the role*.
EAYL aged over 21 will be paid in line with the national minimum wage. More up to date information on National Minimum Wages: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- EAYL offers temporary employment of up to 16hrs per week only.
- EAYL only services designated vacancies.
- EAYL will make information about job vacancies available to students who are registered and who match all requirements of a vacancy.
- EAYL will not disclose the names, addresses or telephone numbers of students until prior permission has been given by the individual student and shall conform to the requirements of the Data Protection Act and any subsequent related Acts.
- EAYL will provide students with employment information, which is as up to date and as accurate as possible. All information given is in good faith and is based on information from the employer as notified to EAYL.
- EAYL will provide information about employment issues such as tax, work permits and the effect of earnings on benefits or, where appropriate, direct the student to another source, which can offer more specialised information and guidance.
- If a student is dissatisfied with their employer and believes them to be in breach of employment law, the EAYL management team will seek to give appropriate guidance. In such circumstances it is the sole responsibility of the student to bring any legal action against the employer.
- Students requiring information/guidance on issues not relating to a particular vacancy, e.g. information about financial support, will be directed to a more appropriate source, usually within the College.
- Any registered student who fails without good reason to attend a pre-arranged job assignment or who otherwise abuses the service may be restricted from using EAYL and may be removed from the database at the discretion of the EAYL management team.
- Any student who fails to complete three job assignments without justifiable reasons will be removed from the EAYL scheme.
- Students must keep EAYL informed of any change to their registration details, e.g. address, telephone number and availability.
- EAYL will grade students against their reliability and performance on completing a job assignment.
- Students are expected to be aware of their own study commitments and not to take employment that will adversely affect their academic work.
- EAYL scheme does not offer any form of permanent work
- EAYL Scheme does not offer sick or holiday leave entitlements pay
- EAYL are not responsible for any extensions of employment, other than the dates provided.
- EAYL / The Department responsible for such a placement (within the College) has the right to terminate your employment at any time with immediate effect.
- EAYL are not responsible for payments / over time and continuation of employment.
- Candidates are not to engage in employment resulting in more than 16 hrs. per week. In which case you must contact the Earn As You Learn management team or HR.
- If you are in receipt of benefits it is your responsibility to declare any earnings to the Benefit Office/ Job Centre.
- It is the responsibility of the student to have their timesheet signed and dated by the manager and the student before payment can be processed.