Mental Health Support
The Wellbeing Service offers support for individuals who may be experiencing mental health difficulties and/or emotional distress
What We Provide:
- Academic tutorials with a support tutor to go through work and plan for assignments.
- In-class support worker (only as necessary)
- Access to a member of staff who can get to know you more personally, who may then be able to recognise and respond to increased symptoms of mental distress, and also liaise with teachers and other staff.
- Access to exam concessions if shown to be needed.
- Access to a dedicated member of staff who can liaise with external support and care co-ordination staff.
- Help to build a student’s confidence; recognise achievement and areas where additional focus or support may be needed.
- Depending on individual need, assist student to make the transition back to college.
- Signposting to additional support services
Ways to Access the Service
For help and advice, please contact:
Phone: 020 8257 4401
East Ham Campus: room 21
Stratford Campus: room D003
All personal information is kept confidential. Only with the consent of the student, would the information be offered to relevant staff members as a guide to supporting the individual, in the classroom and during individual support sessions.