Mental Health, Resilience & Wellbeing Support
The Wellbeing Service offers support for individuals who may be experiencing mental health difficulties and/or emotional distress
Our service provides support for student’s mental health, wellbeing and to build learner resilience.
This service will:
- Help build crucial resilience skills
- Provide Mental Health First Aid to students in crisis
- Support with referral to specialist external professional services (both NHS and non-NHS)
- Liaise with other members of staff to ensure support needs are met and services are working together
- Provide students with face to face or virtual 1:1 appointments which can be booked via email
For support, advice and booking appointments, please contact the Mental Health, Resilience, & Wellbeing Officer at LetsTalkWellbeing@newham.ac.uk.
For drop-ins, visit:
- East Ham Campus - Room 11 Ground Floor (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday)
- Stratford Campus – Room D003 Ground Floor (Wednesday, Friday)
More information, advice and tips can be found on Evolve under Student services > Mental Health and Wellbeing.
You can also access external referrals to Mental Health, Crisis and Newham Council services support.
All personal information is kept confidential. Only with the consent of the student, would the information be offered to relevant staff members as a guide to supporting the individual, in the classroom and during individual support sessions.