Mental Health and Well-Being Support
The Wellbeing Service offers support for individuals who may be experiencing mental health difficulties and/or emotional distress.
Our service provides support for student’s mental health, well-being and build learner resilience, including:
- Help build crucial resilience skills
- Provide mental health first aid to students in crisis
- Support with referrals to specialist external professional services (both NHS and non-NHS)
- Liaise with other members of staff to ensure support needs are met and services are working together
- Provide students with face to face or virtual 1:1 appointments which can be booked via email
For support, advice and to book appointments, please contact one of our Safeguarding & Welfare Officers at email@example.com.
For drop-ins, visit the Student Services Department at either East Ham (on the ground floor behind the stairwell, opposite the lifts) or in Stratford (next door to reception).
Other Support Services
Newham College is committed to support the best outcomes for all our vulnerable students including:
- Looked after students
- Care Transitioning Students
- Care Leaving Students
- Young Carers
- Students under the Youth Offending Service
What Can We Do For You
- Assign you to a dedicated Safeguarding and Welfare Officer to support you during your time at Newham College
- Give priority access to mental health support
- Provide information of organisations who specifically help while you study
- Provide improved access to employment, career advice, education, and training
- Provide Mental Health First Aid
- Financial advice
You can also access external referrals to Mental Health, Crisis and Newham Council services support.
Learn more about how we are keeping children safe in education.
All personal information is kept confidential. Only with the consent of the student, would the information be offered to relevant staff members as a guide to supporting the individual, in the classroom and during individual support sessions.