Newham Supported Internships
The Newham Supported Internship program aims to help people with special educational needs gain work experience, confidence and other skills needed to get into employment.
This is a five-day study program based at the respective employers’ location and a typical day runs from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm with a minimum of 4 hours in work each day. You will be learning English, Maths and Employability skills whilst on your Supported Internship.
Following Supported Internships, many of our SEND learners secure full-time employment.
- Must have learning difficulty/disability
- Age 18-30
- Motivation to work
- Potential to develop skills and work required to meet business needs within the host business
- Commit to 5-day week programme
- Identified form of communication
- Independent travel or willingness to learn
- Family or network supportive of the applicant going to work (people are not excluded if they do not have this but it is beneficial to students)
If you are interested in pursuing a Supported Internship, please complete the application form.
Otherwise, if you have any further queries, do not hesitate to contact us on [number] or email [email address].