National Apprenticeship Week 2017
This week is National Apprenticeship Week & National Careers Week!
We have a fantastic programme of activities lined up for #NCW2017 and #NAW2017 – Check our events page for full details.
Plus, join our apprenticeship #7days7words competition on Twitter for your chance to win £70!”
What are the objectives of the week?
The objective of National Apprenticeship Week 2017 (NAW 2017) is to increase awareness and take-up of apprenticeships and traineeships by: -
- Recognising apprenticeships as a ladder of opportunity to a brighter future and showing that they are available for all.
- Celebrating the benefits apprenticeships bring to employers and the impact apprentices can have on businesses and the wider economy.
- Celebrating 10 years of National Apprenticeship Week and the impact apprentices have made over that time.
Newham College NAW Events
Monday: School Apprenticeship Workshops
Tuesday: Apprenticeship Employment Day – Come along!
Get involved in our competition
#7days7words - What does an apprenticeship mean to you?
To celebrate the 7 days of National Apprenticeship Week, we’re giving you the chance to win a £70 Westfield voucher.
All you have to do is contact us on twitter and tell us what you like about apprenticeships in 7 words! It could be how an apprenticeship helped you, a friend or family member ‘achieve a qualification whilst earning a wage’, or that it’s ‘an exciting route to a lifelong career.’
The author of the winning post will receive £70 to spend at Westfield shopping centre.
To be entered into the competition prize draw, you must:
- Get in touch with Newham College on Twitter and include #7words7days in your tweet
- Describe what you like about apprenticeships in 7 words
- Post before the end of National Apprenticeship Week - Friday 10th March
To get involved in any of our events or competitions, or if you’re interested in talking to the Apprenticeships Team contact using the details below:
T: 020 8522 5759