Hourly Paid Learner Support Assistants
Salary: £9.75 + annual leave payments for supporting students with learning difficulties, disabilities, or autism
Department: Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
Location: East Ham campus
Job type: Business support
Closing date: 23:59 on 31 January 2021
We are looking for experts and/or motivated and committed individuals to join our outstanding learning support assistant team.
The objectives of a Learning Support Assistant will differ according to the individual requirements of each student we support. The overall function is to support SEND and mainstream learners of varying statements/needs through the academic, personal, and behavioural elements of college life.
While the tasks of a Learning Support Assistant will vary, some of the typical responsibilities will include:
- Supporting a student on a 1:1 basis in the classroom or in a group setting both on our mainstream and SEND provision
- Providing targeted support outside of the classroom
- Work on differentiated activities with groups of students
- Liaise with the Inclusion & Support/ EHCP Coordinators and curriculum teams to deliver effective support and maintain excellence within the provision
- Developing social/emotional skills (depending on individual need)
- Working with teachers to monitor the progress of students
- Keeping up to date record of work completed
- We are also taking on staff who can deliver high-quality learning support to learners with complex needs, autism and challenging behaviours to enable them to achieve their ambitions in relation to preparing for adulthood
You will also contribute to the student behaviour management programme, actively promote, and participate in extra-curricular activities.
We are keen to hear from candidates with experience of supporting individuals with autism and learning difficulties or have worked as support workers in the care or public sector
If you are interested, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.