Work Experience Placement Officer
(Reference: ATR376 amd ATR377)
Salary: £30,777 – £32,694 (Depending on experience and qualifications)
Location: East Ham and Stratford
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 3rd January 2024
At Newham College, we build great careers by offering a range of vocational and academic learning routes to create independent, socially inclusive, and economically active citizens to lead meaningful and prosperous lives.
We are in search of a Work Experience and placement Officer to create work experience and industry placements for 16–18-year-old study programme and T-Levels students. The postholder will work with employers and curriculum teams to ensure students are matched into placements.
You will be required to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure, timely completion of work experience and Industry Placements, good employer relationships and understanding of internal administrative requirements.
In return we offer:
- Competitive holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays and one day’s leave for your birthday
- Free access to our on-site gym at East Ham Campus
- An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate about ensure all our students receive the best overcome during their time at Newham College.
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Generous Pension Scheme: Teacher pension or Local Government Scheme
- Travel Loan. Interest free loans to assist staff with meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance – free confidential advice and counselling service
- Staff discounts – we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to a List 99 check. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.