Join Newham College: Your Path to Excellence
We are motivated by our shared social purpose in making a positive difference to the communities we serve.
At Newham College, we’re committed to cultivating success through continuous investment in our staff. As a leading-edge institution in the heart of East London, we embrace innovation, dynamism, and strong employer links, positioning ourselves at the forefront of transformational education and training for the communities we stand to serve. We set and maintain ambitious standards, attracting top talents in the industry. From the application process to ongoing development, we prioritise treating all our employees with dignity, respect, and fairness.
Our Values – ASPIRE
We are highly ambitious for our students and staff with relentless drive for excellence in everything we do.
We build determination to achieve individual and collective successes.
We foster high levels of professional standards, with an emphasis on integrity and accountability.
We strive to be at the forefront of innovation for education, skills, and employment.
We celebrate our inclusive and diverse culture, valuing our students, staff, and stakeholders.
We are committed to developing partnerships, listening to students, staff, and employers to inform our decision-making.
Our Staff are the Bedrock of Our Success
Externally validated reports by Ofsted, Tribal, and Investors in People recognise the hardworking staff and the high staff morale that have and continue to make Newham College:
- A positive and stable workplace, where our staff feel valued and appreciated through popular end-of-year celebrations, CPD Days, and access to learning opportunities.
- London’s top-performing Large FE College since 2018.
- An institution that has ensured its students have not been impacted by industrial disruptions in over 20 years, achieved through strong and positive relations with respective industrial unions.
- An Ofsted ‘Good’ grading with ‘outstanding’ features – Full Inspection April 2023.
- A place where our staff are optimistic and positive about how the college continually invests in its people and teams.
- An institution with an innovative culture that leads to improvements in infrastructure, environment, effective communication, and leadership accessibility.
Our staff benefits package includes competitive holiday entitlement, a birthday day off, a contributory pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loans, and access to vocational training opportunities. Additionally, our staff enjoy free access to our on-site gym and a range of discount/cost-saving retail benefits through our ASPIRE rewards scheme.
Our workplace-integrated learning ensures continuous effectiveness and is tailored to support individual, team, and organisational-based goals.
We prioritise the health and wellbeing of our staff through comprehensive policies, including generous annual leave, parental leave, and support for those returning to work after illness. As signatories to the Mindful Employer Charter, we provide mental health support through an Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential helpline services and counselling.
We are an inclusive environment that rejects discrimination based on personal characteristics. Our Equality & Diversity Committee continually ensures adherence to these principles.
Our recruitment process prioritises a positive candidate experience, emphasising honesty, transparency, and flexibility.
Join Us Today
Embrace a diverse workforce committed to making a positive difference in the community. Explore opportunities to grow with Newham College.